Sacrament of Baptism
Stages of Preparation
In order to respect your request for the baptism of your child, you are invited to follow closely the stages of preparation as follows:
- Contact the parish office and express your desire to have your child baptized.
- Introduce yourself to the parish priest if you do know him.
- Open yourself to the invitation to actively join the faith community of the parish. If you are not registered parishioners, please consider becoming a member and be involved in the prayer and celebration of the Sunday Eucharistic community.
- If a child is seven or older, they must attend RCIC classes in order to be baptized.
- Infant baptisms include children from birth until their 6th birthday.
- At least one parent must be a practicing Catholic and both parents approve of the child’s baptism.
- The member at St. Ann’s must be registered and a Baptism Registration Form must be filled out at the Church Office.
- Parents must attend a Baptism preparation at the parish.
- Parents who are registered in another parish and wish to have their child baptized at St. Ann’s must attend a Baptism Preparation class either at St. Ann’s or any Catholic parish; proof of class attendance is required.
- Attach a copy of the child’s birth certificate to the Baptism Registration Form.
- There is an administrative fee of $20 to be paid at the time of registration.
Baptism Preparation Class
- We offer a Baptism Preparation Class for Parents and Godparents the first and third Saturday of each month in Spanish at 10:00 AM in the Social Hall and an English Class the first Saturday of the month at 2:00 PM in the Father Carlos Building.
- Detailed policies and guidelines are discussed at the class.
- Baptisms can be scheduled at weekly or weekend Masses; there are no baptisms during Lent and Holy Week.
- We only allow two baptisms per Mass.
- For an exact schedule, please call the Church Office of check the event calendar. The schedule may be subject to change without prior notice.
- The Class is valid for 3 years.
The Baptismal Ceremony
All parents may invite as many relatives and friends to the Baptismal Ceremony as they wish. Parents and Godparents have an active part in the Ceremony.
The Baptismal Ceremony can be during Mass or after Mass.
- Please be on time, since there are other families participating in the Ceremony along with your own; try to be 15 minutes early.
- All cell phones should be turned off when you are in the church.
- Parents and/or Godparents may give a donation to the Deacon or Priest who is officiating the Sacrament.
Questions about any of the processes of baptism may be directed to the Church Office at 863-424-4370.